Tuesday, February 20, 2007

On Duty


That's the place where I work. My first innings in the world of Public Relations. Something that I thought I'd totally hate, while I was playing journo, but hey lookie lookie, I'm kinda getting the hang of things here! For those not in the know, I'm doing a tightrope act at the company called Investor Relations, which involves way too much strategizing than is good for my blood pressure. But, hell, I'm 25, and I love it! :)



The J.B. Petit Building sits bang on Khadi Bhawan Chowk on Fort, which leads into my office lane. The building is this great big old hulk, now occupied by HSBC, built by the J.B. Petit Fund. Aaa, those rich ole Parsis and their trust funds! :) Behind the office building, is the J.N. Petit School For Girls. The archways are amazing to get lost in.


... And that is the Khadi Bhawan itself, down there. Took a close pic of some of the designwork on the huge pillars, and that's put up there. The KB is basically where you can get all those over-priced pieces of Indian culture you would love to sell off in a flea market somewhere in the US. And then, they'd be bought by a Las Vegas bordello! :)

Naaaa.... don't listen to me. They actually have some pretty nice stuff inside: picture a great big hall, very stuffy, feeling like air hasn't circulated in there for months, and all that is punctuated by these displays (clothes, statues, etc) with pink price tags that scream BLOODY MURDER.

No comments: