Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sale City

Delhi is the best city in India to shop. (The loyal Bong in me hastens to add that Calcutta comes on top here as well, but since this is a Delhi post, we shall leave that for later...!) Huge SALE banners abound everywhere, and even where they don't, you're bound to get the best discounts. I did the rounds of South Extension, Sarojini Nagar and Dilli Haat religiously, and came up with whoppers!

Up there is me, the chronic shopper, with my bags at Sarojini. Down there is Jacob, who hates shopping, by the way. Sharon and I headed out for shopping at Sarojini, and since poor Jacob finished work early and had nothing else to do, he joined us - he grumbled and grumbled and got Sharon hopping mad at him, though. Later that night, he held a surprise birthday party for Sharon. :) *cho chweet*


Body count:
* shawl for grandma
* cushion covers for myself
* bed sheets for mum
* scarfs for dad, Kunal (shah) and myself
* shirt for myself (Fabindia, yay!)
* an amazing durri for Rs 200, which would have put me back by at least Rs 800 back here in Bombay.

No comments: