Monday, January 29, 2007

Booked and Stranded

Hit the Strand Book Fair at Churchgate this evening, and picked up a selection for myself. For almost 60-80% off on each book, it was a steal. Came back home happy after a yummy Toblerone Shake at Mocha's and arranged the books and packet artistically enough (or as artistically as I am capable of!) and snapped some shots. And now, I'm regretting not sauntering over to the shop on Saturday when I was camera-happy and snapping Fort. :(

For the record, that's what I bought:
  • "We were the Mulvaneys" by Joyce Carol Oates - picked up Oates' "I'll Take You There" from the book fair last year, and I quite liked it, though it was kinda vague at the ending. This book is supposedly her biggest, and comes recommended by (gulp) the Oprah Book Club, so I picked it up.

  • "Lasher" by Anne Rice - pure pulp fiction! *grin* I've looooved Rice's vampire and witch series, and this one is the second from the Mayfair coven series. Complete with all the swashbuckling and undying love drama that is sooooo much fun when one doesn't want any serious reading. :)

  • "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez - comes highly recommended from all quarters, and even though I found Marquez' "One Hundread Years of Solitude" terribly dreary to read, I decided to risk him again. Think, maybe I started with the wrong Marquez book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeh the toblerone shake was better than the black forest one :( but atleast mine had cherries, so ha!

the 10 ruppee cold coffee was more enjoyable tho no?

livinghigh said...

hehehe... YES! the ten re cold coffee at churchgate is DE BESTEST! :)