Friday, January 19, 2007

"Wah, Taj!"

The walkway to the Taj Mahal is supposed to resemble Heaven. The Taj is supposed to represent not just Mumtaz's tomb, but also the abode of God. So there you have the pools leading up to it, according to descriptions in the Koran - I gathered all this from what I remember of Standard 8 History class. :) And after remembering all of that, I posed for the Standard Taj Photo. Stephen to the rescue with the camera!

But the boy wasn't quite nearly as impressed with the Taj as I was. You can tell that from the freaky face he makes in the pic down there.

While I got by paying only 20 bucks, our intrepid Traveller had to fork out Rs 750 - for which he got a mingy bottle of water and plastic foot-covers - down there. Us grubby Indians had to remove our shoes and pay Rs 2 to use the loo - his Rs 750 bought him free loo entry. He wasn't very thrilled, though. :)

But as far as I was concerned, the Taj was amazing. Breath-takingly sublime, even though the smell of dirty feet in the inner sanctum was a bit of a turn-off. Sharon says, I get happy over small things. That's a boon sometimes, and can be bad at others - I like to think, the Taj was one of those better times. :)








No comments: