Thursday, November 30, 2006

Chick-lit Fan

Books on my shelf again, two which seemed kind-a familiar. Read DevilWearsPrada first, after seeing the movie. Was with Rajat, trying to shop for a birthday for his nephew, and instead I picked up Weisberger's matinee hit work. The book was loads different from the movie though - Andrea was much more whiny - not a change which you appreciate at first, when you start reading the book after having seen the movie, but then the book drawns you in, nonetheless. Has its own charm.

And then there's Diary of a Married Call Girl. Thought I'd identify with it *grin*, thought I'd laugh with it - but not really my kind of book. I'm a mushy-sappy creature at heart - and this book... just isn't. It prioritises the Job over all else. And I don't get that. So, even though I finished the book, and was glad that the call girl was not getting divorced in the end (at least for some time), I was glad it was over and I could pack it right back in the shelf.

Makes for a pretty picture, though. :)

No comments: