Sunday, December 17, 2006

Shiny Disco Disco Disco Disco....

I love the song Aaj ki raat from the movie Don, SRK Version. Something so Damn Sixties about it - can just imagine the John Travolta-style finger dance action (you know which one I'm talkin' about, don't look so mortified!) and it completely gets your groove thang rockin! So that's why I also luuurrrve shiny disco balls - both the thingy, and the song. Clicked this one at a Goa pub, and then took a retake in 'night' mode below.

And then, the other day, I'm going though Bandra, and I see in an ironing shop (of all places!) the most gorgeous, the most divine, the most lustrous silver shiny disco ball, hanging from the hutment ceiling at a corner.

I stopped. And drooled. :)
shaam hai, jaam hai, aur hai nasha
tan bhi hai, mann bhi hai pighla huaan...
chhayi hai ranginiya
phir bhi hai betaabiyan...
kyun dhadakta hai dil...
kyun yeh kehta hai dil...
deewanon ko ab tak nahi hai yeh pata...!
aaj ki raat...
khona hai kya...
paana hai kya...
khona hai kya...

No comments: